Sunday, October 28, 2012

Busy Weekend!

Whew!  What a busy weekend!  We had no school on Friday for parent/teacher conferences.  I was late to them because I went home from Laura's house Thursday night with a migraine.  It held up with me until Friday until about 9am.  Then I wanted to make sure that it was totally gone before I went into work.  I felt it was pointless for me to be there if I was just going to give myself another headache.  So I got to work around 10:30am.  People told me there were parents that had come to see me and I could try to catch them.  I was able to meet with 3 parents, and talked for a bit with them.  It was great.


Then, the volleyball games started at 2:30pm.  Remind you that school doesn't get over until 3:30pm.  So at about 3:15pm I told the office that I would be in the gym with the games and watching the students and taking pictures for the yearbook.  I wanted to make sure I'd get at least some before the weekend was up.  At 4:00pm, Laura and I started working the book fair.  It was nice to see all the families so excited to buy books!  And...I might have spent some money also...I bought quite a few books for the classroom and nieces and nephews!

Then, at about 7:30pm, I decided to go back into the gym and take more pictures of the volleyball games (this was after taking pictures of the book fair, also).  Another teacher let me know that the school has a camera that I could use for yearbook, so I got very excited.  However, it's not the best for action shots... I've been using Nate's camera (which is AMAZING!!!!), and I bug him to use it constantly.  Changing to this camera, was an adjustment.  It was very blurry on action shots, or shots that...weren't perfectly still for long periods of time.  It held the lense open for a bit and made everything blurry.  Luckily, Nate took pity on me and let me borrow his again.  I'll post pictures soon to show you the difference!

At 8:45pm, we started to head over to the Community Complex to where the Seniors were putting on a dance.  We couldn't get into it ahead of time because Coleen didn't get the keys to open it up ahead of time (thanks Coleen for letting us all freeze for 20 minutes after the volleyball game while you went to get them).  We (as quickly as we could) got all the food and decorations out of the truck, brought it into the complex, decorated, got the food ready, got the music up, and let the kids in.  It started at around 10pm.  Only an hour late:).

The dance was a blast!  They did turn off all the lights and only had strobe lights and colored lights at some points (which was when my migraine came back and therefore I went home-around 11:30pm).  However, the kids had a blast throwing the dance.  Unfortunately, the other coaches wouldn't let their teams walk down to the complex for the dance, but we still had fun.  We played musical chairs, limbo, and had a cake walk.  The kids even made Mr. and Mrs. Erfurth start a Snowball Dance! :)  The kids had a great time and did a great job.

On Saturday, I stayed in bed quite a bit late, and then went over to the book fair to help out again at around 3pm.  We stayed there until around 6:30pm, had the Thanksgiving dinner drawing (Mr. Kempher won!), and then went to Laura's house to have dinner and a movie.  There were some volleyball games earlier in the day but I missed them on the count of sleeping in:).

On Sunday, we had NYO practice.  Only about 10 kids showed up, so Laura called the rest.  We ended with probably around 20 kids.  We had fun working on our live performance, building endurance, and practicing the Eskimo athletic skills.  I was very proud of the kids.

The we went back to Laura's, worked on the grant we put together, made dinner, and watched X-Men with Sara and Nate.  Whew!  What a weekend!

5 comments:

  1. We are struggling with a post. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Something is wrong with our posting. It keeps doing the same message twice! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. What I tried to type yesterday was: Sounds like you are really involved and keeping yourself busy. Well I guess it keeps you off the streets! Oh, I forgot ... There aren't any streets there! Seriously though, they are really lucky to have you there. Good to hear the priest comes too. Perhaps you could volunteer to be an altar girl again! I also asked about the dance and the carniva

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let me finish! It locked up on me again! As I was saying ... You talked about the dance. Sounds like a lot of fun for the kids. Sorry you weren't feeling well. Hope things are better this week. How was the carnival? Love you, Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I also had mentioned that gramma would be very proud that you have taken up crocheting again! Good luck and have fun. Love, Mom.

    ReplyDelete