Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Almost Home....But Not Quite

So, where did I last leave off...? I believe I was sitting in Detroit. I'm pretty sure that was a week ago? (just kidding. It feels like I've been traveling for a month). I flew from Detroit to Minneapolis. I slept the whole flight-never done that before. Then I walked quickly to my next gate and the last of the people were lined up and boarding the flight. I adds to the line and walked on the plane. I sat down and there was no one next to me! Sweet! It was a three seat per side plane, so there was me by the window and a woman on the aisle seat, but extra room was greatly appreciated.

I realized I didn't finish watching "Battleship" from the flight I Michigan, so I quickly finished that. Then I decided to watch "Rock of Ages." It was pretty okay, but I was tire and fell asleep in the middle for about 30 minutes. Then I decided I sleep for the last three hours of the flight. Next thing I knew the pilot was coming over the speaker and telling us I prepare to land. No! I'm still sleeping!

I landed in Anchorage and took my "loot" to rent a car. The guy told me he only had band left. I said that was okay depending on the price. $32! Sign me up! I drove to the nearest Wal Mart and it said I had 4 hours until it opened. Sweet! Sleep time! I slept in the back seat of the sweet ride and went in when they opened. I did some last-minute shopping: chicken, bacon, pencils... Then I was on my way back to the airport. Not before I filled up the car and got breakfast, though.
Crysler Town and Country that I rented:) and slept in:)

Rear display

Noo....I wasn't driving and taking pictures at the same time...

Gas was $3.99 per gallon. You'd think it was cheaper in the oil state! Then I stopped at McDonald's for an Egg McMuffin and a water. I dropped off the car, bought 16 Cinnabons for all my friends at work, an checked in.

That's right...18 Cinnabons...mmmmm

I love flying in Alaska. 2 free checked bags and whatever you can carry as a carry-on. I called Mom and Dad and am now looking at the people as tired as me and the gorgeous mountains. I love this city. Mountains are so pretty!

Random guy sleeping in the terminal.  We sleep anywhere in the Bush.
We should board in about 40 minutes. Why on Earth I got here so early, I don't know. I could be sleeping. I smell bad, I'm tired, and I don't want to be flying anymore. But I'm trying to stay strong. I can't wait to get home and go to bed. I plan to go to our staff meeting at 2:30pm after I get back before I sleep, but that's if I can still stand and if I make it in time. I'm suppose to get back at 1:30pm but I'm on Bush time and flying Bush planes...who knows...?

So we boarded ontime. But then told us that the visibility in St Mary's is down to 1/4 mile. So now were off the plane and waiting in the terminal again. Oh, The Bush. And they took my big bags so I'm missing my entertainment and phone charger. I'm down to 20%.

4 comments:

  1. Sorry u r delayed again! It's been 24 hours exactly since your first take off in Flint! And you are still in Anchorage! Hope u get going soon but I'd rather the pilots be cautious about taking off in bad weather! Stay safe and warm. How is the new coat? Love you tons, Mom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sucked sitting there in Anchorage, but it was better than turning around when already in the air, or going to another town. The coat is amazing! I'm so warm all the time. Even hot sometimes. Thanks a lot! Love you!

      Delete
  2. Hi Jackie, Anxious to hear how the tale ended. What I noticed most was how you are calling Emmonak "home". :-) It was great to see you. Thanks as always for sharing. Aunt Marge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really am trying to call this home. Mostly out of respect for those who live here, but also so I'm not too depressed about leaving Michigan. This is where I have chosen to live this part of my life. So it's home:). It's great here. I love it!

      Delete