Tuesday, September 18, 2012

1st Eskimo Dance!

On Saturday, I went to my first Eskimo Dance!  It was to celebrate Suicide Awareness.  I had quite a few students that showed up to the dance.  I had one help play the drum, one take down names and pass out tickets as we came in, 3 dance, and quite a few come to watch and celebrate.  It was great to see the kids out of the classroom and to meet quite a few of the parents.  I took many pictures and videos. :)
Beautiful Dancing...She's wearing a Cuspik

This is a dance where the men also dance



I love this smile:)


Showing the men and women dancing

And the little kids:)









I was able to eat a deliciously fresh apple.  Yum!  It was scrumptious!

Ahhhh...fresh fruit...

2 comments:

  1. Love the videos of the dancers, Jackie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great experience. I can't wait to go again. My favorite was watching all my students participate:).

      Delete