Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Breaking Things...

So the construction workers have been busy the past few weeks.  They have been moving buildings around.  They are moving things so that they can start building the new high school where they used to be.  The new high school will be ready in two years.
Outside my classroom window today

They're moving a building...


This was the other week when they were moving the shed behind the school outside Laura's classroom...


This is why we don't send big boxes to Alaska...we send tubs...

Booboo likes to ruin his bone that is bigger than his head...


I bent my only house key while Bobby was moving the box springs from my house to Laura's and I was trying to open the door quickly... Oops...
....and I bent my only house key...

5 comments:

  1. Hi Jackie, I'm glad you are feeling better. The coat looks awesome, exactly what's needed, right? It must be very exciting for the community about the new high school. Take care. Thanks for all the information. What a way to connect cultures! Aunt Marge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wear it everywhere these days, Aunt Marge! I hear the High School might be set back another year...we're not too happy about the information. Hopefully all the family's doing well. Say "hi" to the grandkids!

      Delete
    2. Sorry to hear the news about the high school. All are fine here. Take care.

      Delete
  2. What was in the box? Did anything break? The construction surprised me. Did they bring the cranes by barge? It must be a logistics nightmare!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was just random stuff that her husband sent up. She had some flour explode, a can of something explode, candy fell out of boxes and went everywhere...a nightmare.
      Yeah, the crane was brought in on a barge. I think they took it out the other day. It's been here a while. They're moving some houses and I guess they're putting them on rolling things...? It sounds like what Grandpa Chomic did....:)

      Delete