Sunday, August 26, 2012

Catching Up

***UPDATE***
I have finally had the time to go back through and reply to everyone's comments!  Thank you so much for them!  I look forward to them everyday.  I read them, I just wasn't having the best of luck getting them to post.  I do get an email everytime someone comments, so please keep them coming!  It makes me feel so good!:)

Sooo...I've been VERY busy this past week.  Everyone said I'd have so much downtime when I got here, and I'd be so bored.  I sent so much stuff (totes still have yet to get here...we're 4 days over the expected arrival date) here to entertain me, and I can't find time to relax!  It is a busy job!

Okay, so yesterday I slept until 1:00pm, but that's because I was really tired.  And today I woke up at 9:00am.  That's impressive.  And yes, I've been trying to relax when possible, but it's almost as if there's no time to get anything else done when I decide to relax for an hour.  Hmm...I guess I'm just complaining for the sake of complaining... Sorry.

The sun came out yesterday and today.  It's brief in it's time out, but it's beautiful when we get to see it.  It usually stays at about 55 degrees out here.  I might wear a light sweatshirt to work, but quickly take it off when I get here.  The weather is actually kind of nice...according to me.  If you ask Phoebe...it's freezing.  It's worse than her winter:).  It's fun to see her walking around with her winter coat, hat, and boots on all the time.  It's 55 degrees.  It's not going to be too good when it hits 30 below zero!!! :)  I'll help her through it:).
Getting out of our movie Friday night...10:30 at night.
We've been trying to watch Castle the past few days.  Another teacher lent the first two seasons to Phoebe.  She had never heard of the show before.  I'm realizing that I haven't seen the early episodes.  It's nice to have that entertainment.  We were running out of movies on our top-wanted list on her external hard drive. 

I took some pictures of people teaching.  I wanted to show that we really do teach!  But Nate is an alternative style of teacher...:)
Why Nate is on a desk...we do not know...
Phoebe and I had a visitor the other night... He got out of his mom's house (across the hall from us) and I found him.  She was sleeping, so when I knocked she didn't hear.  We started to get worried she wasn't doing well after a while so we woke her up.  She was fine.  Just sleepy.  He snuck out when she went to do laundry.
Riley playing with Goose.
Walking through town, you find interesting things...here's a gas storage tank that they're moving onto the other side of the building because we're extending the high school.
Right outside of school.  The big white tank is on a truck.  It shouldn't be there.  It's a street right there.

2 comments:

  1. So glad to hear everything is going so well. And I think it's good that you are keeping busy...certainly don't want to be bored, right? It sounds like you and Phoebe are really hitting it off which, I'm sure, will make all the difference in the world. Plus, a huge comfort to all of us back home that you've met some great people!

    Must comment on how little downtime you have. Hmmmm...what's that like? Can't imagine how it feels to need rest time, but know how far behind you get on things if you take a break. :) Does sarcasm translate through these posts? Just teasing. Keep up the great work and take care of yourself! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I don't think the sarcasm button was on or working right over the Internet. Sorry. Phoebe and I get along great! Her cooking is sooooo good! The people here are so nice! It's very nice when you don't know where to go or what to do that there is always someone here to help. I hope that you've been taking breaks! I get to babysit for you and Marty when I'm home during Christmas break. Please?! Love you!

      Delete