Monday, August 13, 2012

Day 1 PD

Today was my first day of professional development at my school. We were supposed to travel to Mountain Village which is the district headquarters, but something was wrong with their water, or something. So they didn't want 40 teachers coming and staying in their school when things weren't working properly. So we worked in our classrooms, met with our principals (instructional leaders) and got our laptops.
My new MacBook Pro:)

We have a very nice MacBook Pro. We got our passwords and things set up so the teleconference tomorrow will run smoothly. The guy who helped us out with that went to 4 villages today. He was late because his flight was an hour late out of somewhere...Eskimo time!

I looked at all of my students and split who Phoebe and I have. All of my students are LD. What a change! I have two that are also Speech. I should have 18, but with kids moving, not knowing exact grades, and some not being in services anymore, that number will probably change soon. A lot of them look like hard workers! I'm excited about that! 

I found out I will probably be in Phoebe's classroom half of the time, so here it is. 
Phoebe's (and my) classroom

We did have an obstacle in our way on our way home today during lunch, but we just walked over it. Our principals are supposed to be having their houses moved so that they can build the new high school wing (won't be completed for a while). I'll write again soon!
The crane brought in on a barge today.

3 comments:

  1. Jackie, thanks for the posts we are enjoying sharing the adventure with you! Be careful around the hook on that crane or you'll go on the ride of your life;-). Keep the pix coming.

    Tim J.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. My principal keeps telling me I can go for a ride on it if I want:)

      Delete
  2. Ok, so I've been away from this awhile. You may not have heard, but Ryans grandpa passed away last Thursday so i have not kept up well with your posts (which is what I'm doing now just like a week and a half behind)...
    Ok...so, do you have to go to different classrooms for different kids? Is Phoebe a special ed teacher too or in the general population of students?
    Do you have black shades on your window at home because it's never dark there? Aren't you glad to have me posting again??? :) Bet you missed me.

    ReplyDelete