Friday, August 24, 2012

First Day of School

So yesterday was my first day of school. I met...most...of my kids. It's very hard to find them all in 7 different classrooms when they all move all the time!in the last two days we've added...4...? students to my list. It's been pretty busy and different the past two days. The craziness feels like the craziness of the second month of school in Michigan instead of the second day of school. :)

Right now we're watching Ocean's 11 in the library on the big screen TV. We have Movie Night planned for every Friday night at school. All the teachers are invited. We have different events planned around the year for all of us. It's to keep us entertained and having fun throughout the year. Laura would like me to add that we're eating lots of popcorn, candy, and pop. I'm perfecting my stress eating:).

I made snickers cookies today. I've been telling everyone about them. I didn't make them the usual way. I improvised...took the sugar cookie powder recipe and added a little brown sugar and peanut butter. Actually, they turned out very well. I cooked them for the perfect amount of time. :)
Snicker's Cookie! We do get some delicasees...

2 comments:

  1. Jackie, Hi--I have been away. We went to a rally--tons of fun and then Mike and family were here. I just got caught up on your blogs and it sure sounds like you are living your dream. How exciting! The pics of your school are so great! What a wonderful environment for the kids to learn in. It also sounds like everyone is planning fun activities to prevent any boredom and promote socialization. Good for you. Will be back soon. Love ya, Aunt Mary Ann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! It sounds like you've been busy Aunt Mary Anne! We do keep things a bit busy here to make sure no one gets too bored or has too much time on their hands...:) Thanks for reading!

      Delete