Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Waking Up Ontime

The view from my hotel room.  I know it doesn't look like much...but it really is pretty.

Wow. Just woke up in Anchorage, Alaska. Wow. I think. I'm still tired but I can't seem to sleep. I'm too excited. I read my texts to Matt last night...didn't remember sending most of those. I was TIRED. I just called my sister and talked to her. It was nice to be able to talk to her when I'm so far away. She then put my nephew on the phone. We had a great conversation! He doesn't understand how it works over here. He asked if I had a snow vehicle. I told him I didn't really need one because the town is so small that I can walk everywhere. I said it was about the size of his neighborhood. He replied with, "WHAT?!" I asked him what he had for lunch. He said a muffin and then asked what I had. I told him I just woke up because it's only 9am here right now. If I tout he was confused before... "You haven't had breakfast?!" I tried to explain that it's only 9 and I just woke up so I would soon. He goes, "It's past 1pm here!" I think this will definitely be a learning experience for him too.:)

UPDATE: I also got a call from my principal. He said that he'd take me shopping or sight seeing today. Wow! Everyone's so nice here. I love it.

UPDATE 2: They got busy.  He's not able to take me anywhere, but he said we could meet for dinner.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jackie, it's Alex. Where were you in the picture (on your blog page). How are your cats doing? Where's your hotel? When do you go to your house? Where are the snow vehicles? What color is the cage for the cats? How are you doing? Why is it called "the bush?" Where is your house? Where are you riht now?

    I played football with mommy and daddy today. It was fun. Henry is doing fine. He's being a cutie pututie. He loves his car. He jumps a lot in his jumperoo. I'm doing fine. I like to bring cars on walks.

    Love,
    Alex

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Alex!
      In that picture, I believe I'm in Baltimore. My cats are actually doing really well. They were great on the trip here. My hotel is in downtown Anchorage. It's a city that you can walk a lot in. I just got back from walking for a few hours. I go to my house on Friday, in 4 days. The snow vehicles are everywhere here! But there isn't snow yet, so we don't need them. In my city we pretty much use 4 wheelers right now. Bigger versions of your 4 wheeler. I don't know why it's called the bush. My house is in Emmonak, on the river that runs through the village. While you were writing me I was sitting in my hotel room talking to my new friends that I met today that I will be teaching with this year.

      I'm glad you played football! Did you have fun?! I think you will be a great football player. I'm glad Henry's good. He's always a cutie pututie. What car does he have? I don't think I've ever seen it. I'm glad he's jumping and excising his legs in his jumperoo. I'm glad you're doing good too. I went on a long walk today around the boarder of Anchorage. I took my phone to take pictures. Do you have a camera you could take pictures on your walks?

      Talk to you soon! Love you!
      Aunt Jackie

      Delete